Challenger Stages Strong Campaign
Greenville, N.C. - Republican challenger Stan Larson is staging a strong campaign against six time incumbent Marian McLawhorn in the ninth district of the North Carolina House of Representatives.
Stan Larson is behind in the only poll of likely voters for the race by just three points.
McLawhorn has a history of easily defeating her opponents.
Real Time Info
Interviews with John Locke Foundation policy analysts and Carolina Journal reporters and editors on topical issues.
Real Time Archive
- JLF's Sarah Curry discusses N.C. historic preservation tax credits
- Pope Center's George Leef discusses Peter Thiel's alternative to college
- JLF's Michael Lowrey discusses toll roads in North Carolina
- JLF's Terry Stoops discusses N.C. opportunity scholarships in 2015
- James Piereson responds to Thomas Piketty's economic arguments
- NCSU's Michael Walden responds to U.S. recovering jobs lost in Great Recession
- JLF's Lindalyn Kakadelis discusses potential impact of N.C. school choice
- JLF's Sarah Curry recommends splitting N.C. K-12 and higher ed committees
- Dr. Richard Bruch explains obstacles linked to N.C. CON process
- N.C. Hospital Association's Cody Hand defends N.C. CON rules
- JLF's Becki Gray discusses opening of 2015 N.C. General Assembly
- JLF's Roy Cordato outlines a key problem linked to the minimum wage
- UTSA professor Heywood Sanders discusses 'Convention Center Follies'
- Pope Center's George Leef discusses 'Liberty Dollar' controversy
- President and CEO Kory Swanson discusses JLF's upcoming 25th anniversary celebration
- JLF's Katherine Restrepo discusses problems with Medicaid expansion
- FGA's Christie Herrera discusses N.C. Medicaid expansion poll
- Pope Center's Jenna Ashley Robinson contrasts K-12 and college instructors
- Carolina Journal's Rick Henderson details Western N.C. stimulus flop
- NCPCM's Gary Harris discusses ideas for funding N.C. roads
- JLF's Terry Stoops discusses AP U.S. history controversy
- Princeton's William Happer explains why CO2 is no pollutant
- JLF's Roy Cordato disputes claims linked to N.C. 'Clean Smokestacks' law
- JLF's Becki Gray profiles N.C. House speaker nominee Tim Moore
- UNCW professor Mike Adams discusses his free-speech fight
- JLF's Terry Stoops explains N.C. Common Core commission money problem
- N.C. FreeEnterprise Foundation's Joe Stewart discusses humor in politics
- JLF's Sarah Curry outlines early stages of the N.C. budget process
- Weekly Standard's Bill Kristol analyzes the 2014 'wave' election
- JLF's Terry Stoops discusses roadblocks in N.C. charter school process