Federalist Society debate targets Fed's role in trying to avert another Great Depression
Panelists with different perspectives about the Federal Reserve addressed the Fed's role in responding to the current economic slump during a March 23, 2010, debate at the Campbell University Law School. Campbell Law's Federalist Society hosted the event with support from the John Locke Foundation. Matthew Martin is senior vice president and Charlotte regional executive at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Charlotte Branch. Robert Murphy is an adjunct scholar at the Mises Institute. He is author of The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism and The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and New Deal.Add This
Tags: Constitution, Federal Government, History, Regulation, Economy, Politics,
On the Record Info
CJTV coverage of legislative committees, press conferences, and other government and policy events.
On the Record Archive
- Americans for Tax Reform's Grover Norquist rallies with N.C. activists
- Americans for Tax Reform's Norquist praises rate reduction efforts in North Carolina
- Senate leaders unveil plan to cut N.C. taxes by $1 billion over three years
- Redistricting reform supporters tout bipartisan N.C. House bill
- AFP launches $500,000 'Back in the Game' campaign to support N.C. tax reform
- Charter school advocates pan process for screening charter applications
- Stanford economist John B. Taylor urges return to principles of economic freedom
- University of Chicago economist Luigi Zingales shares concerns about crony capitalism
- George Mason law professor Somin discusses 'Democracy and Political Ignorance'
- Flagler College economist Livingston promotes 'honorable entrepreneurship'
- Senate leader Berger unveils 2013 education reform bill
- Senator files bill designed to end N.C.'s death penalty moratorium
- N.C. House Republicans spell out process for considering voter ID bill
- Johns Hopkins professor highlights key episode in the history of free-market thought
- N.C. House Speaker Tillis previews 'Education Week'
- Americans for Prosperity president, state director discuss spending acountability, N.C. issues
- Federalist Society debate highlights pros, cons of voter ID laws
- N.C. House Speaker Tillis outlines priorities for 2013 legislative session
- Senate leader Berger addresses tax reform, voter ID, 2014 plans
- Brown political philosopher John Tomasi discusses 'Free Market Fairness'
- National Review Online's Reihan Salam offers ideas for turning conservative principles into policies
- NY Times columnist Douthat urges conservatives to make moral, material case for capitalism
- Louisville economist diagnoses ills associated with health care mandates
- N.C. Appeals Court, Supreme Court candidates answer questions in Federalist Society forum
- Conservative columnist Star Parker discusses the negative impact of welfare dependency
- CJ's Don Carrington documents DNC protesters
- U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio signs books, answers media questions in Raleigh
- Legislative leaders urge Perdue to announce her plan to sign or veto new state budget
- JLF's John Hood discusses key themes from 'Our Best Foot Forward'
- N.C. Senate leader, top budget writers unveil 2012-13 spending plan