John Locke Foundation celebrates 20th anniversary
The John Locke Foundation celebrated its 20th anniversary with a dinner Jan. 13, 2010, in Cary. Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich delivered the featured remarks. JLF President John Hood and Senior Fellow Marc Rotterman discussed the foundation's history. Hood also presented awards to John and William Hammer of The Rhinoceros Times, former Gov. Jim Martin, and businessman and philanthropist Art Pope. For information on supporting the John Locke Foundation's programs, contact the JLF development office at 1-866-JLF-INFO (1-866-553-4636) or email@example.com.Add This
Tags: Taxes, Corruption, Federal Government, Prosperity, Elections, State Government, History, Media, Politics, Transparency, Leadership,
On the Record Info
CJTV coverage of legislative committees, press conferences, and other government and policy events.
On the Record Archive
- Postrel probes the 'Power of Glamour' for Duke University Hayek Lecture
- AFP launches $1.6 million TV ad campaign targeting Hagan on Obamacare
- Acton Institute's Sirico offers faith-based defense of market principles
- Baylor's Kenneth Starr, UNC system board chairman Peter Hans discuss higher education challenges
- Biographer Amity Shlaes explains how Calvin Coolidge made 'austerity' measures work
- JLF's John Hood explains how academic research supports a market-friendly approach to promoting growth
- Americans for Tax Reform's Grover Norquist rallies with N.C. activists
- Americans for Tax Reform's Norquist praises rate reduction efforts in North Carolina
- Senate leaders unveil plan to cut N.C. taxes by $1 billion over three years
- Redistricting reform supporters tout bipartisan N.C. House bill
- AFP launches $500,000 'Back in the Game' campaign to support N.C. tax reform
- Charter school advocates pan process for screening charter applications
- Stanford economist John B. Taylor urges return to principles of economic freedom
- University of Chicago economist Luigi Zingales shares concerns about crony capitalism
- George Mason law professor Somin discusses 'Democracy and Political Ignorance'
- Flagler College economist Livingston promotes 'honorable entrepreneurship'
- Senate leader Berger unveils 2013 education reform bill
- Senator files bill designed to end N.C.'s death penalty moratorium
- N.C. House Republicans spell out process for considering voter ID bill
- Johns Hopkins professor highlights key episode in the history of free-market thought
- N.C. House Speaker Tillis previews 'Education Week'
- Americans for Prosperity president, state director discuss spending acountability, N.C. issues
- Federalist Society debate highlights pros, cons of voter ID laws
- N.C. House Speaker Tillis outlines priorities for 2013 legislative session
- Senate leader Berger addresses tax reform, voter ID, 2014 plans
- Brown political philosopher John Tomasi discusses 'Free Market Fairness'
- National Review Online's Reihan Salam offers ideas for turning conservative principles into policies
- NY Times columnist Douthat urges conservatives to make moral, material case for capitalism
- Louisville economist diagnoses ills associated with health care mandates
- N.C. Appeals Court, Supreme Court candidates answer questions in Federalist Society forum