N.C. State's Wessels discusses the impact of a right-to-work law on a state's economy
Dr. Walter Wessels, professor of economics at N.C. State University, discusses the impact of private-sector unions on economic growth. Wessels offered these comments during a Feb. 4, 2013, speech for the John Locke Foundation's Shaftesbury Society. To watch full-length presentations of JLF events, click here.
Tags: Regulation, Economy, Unions,
Locke Box Info
Highlights from John Locke Foundation events.
Locke Box Archive
- Author Tommy Harrelson discusses 'Southport's Art Newton'
- Former N.C. House Speaker Joe Mavretic assesses Highway Trust Fund legacy
- JLF's Becki Gray describes a freedom test for N.C. public policy
- JLF's Michael Lowrey discusses German U-boats off the N.C. coast in 1918
- Compact For America's Nick Dranias outlines path to balanced budget amendment
- N.C. golf advocates discuss the game's impact
- Ashbrook Center's Roger Beckett touts American historical documents
- Attorney Matthew Bryant explains N.C. DOT misuse of the Map Act
- Rep. Rick Glazier discusses civility and compromise in N.C. politics
- Weekly Standard's Bill Kristol assesses quality of GOP's 2014 candidates
- JLF's Roy Cordato discusses the shortsightedness effect and public choice
- N.C. Hospital Association's Cody Hand discusses CON reform
- Dr. Philip Miller discusses lobotomy surgeries in N.C.
- Dr. Richard Bruch discusses roadblocks to needed N.C. CON reforms
- N.C. FreeEnterprise Foundation's Joe Stewart handicaps 2014 N.C. legislative races
- Professor Heywood Sanders pans Raleigh convention center projections
- NCPCM's Gary Harris discusses N.C. road-funding challenges
- Bruce Clarke of CAI discusses N.C. unions' use of 'social justice' messages
- Princeton's William Happer rebuts myth of carbon pollution
- Paul Slobodian discusses competing education reform factions
- Rep. Paul Stam discusses the benefits of school choice for North Carolina
- National Review's Jim Geraghty offers advice to conservatives for 2016
- N.C. National Guard's Maj. Clay Jackson discusses Moldova's challenges
- N.C. FreeEnterprise Foundation lists factors influencing 2014 N.C. elections
- Campbell professor Mark Steckbeck discusses competition's key role
- Attorney Gene Boyce explains his 14-year lawsuit against N.C. AG Roy Cooper
- N.C. DENR'S Donald van der Vaart explains impact of determining 'social cost of carbon'
- Duke professor John Staddon discusses anti-smoking zealotry
- GMU law professor Frank Buckley discusses a problem with presidential power
- Daniel Alexander discusses a core piece of Jobs For Life