N.C. Harm Reduction Coalition members push for new tools to fight drug overdose deaths
Robert Childs and Leilani Attilo of the N.C. Harm Reduction Coalition discuss the coalition's proposals for fighting drug overdose deaths in North Carolina: a 911 Good Samaritan Law and increased access to the overdose-fighting drug naloxone. Childs and Attilo offered these comments during a Jan. 28, 2013, speech for the John Locke Foundation's Shaftesbury Society. To watch full-length presentations of JLF events, click here.
Tags: State Government, Crime, health,
Locke Box Info
Highlights from John Locke Foundation events.
Locke Box Archive
- Author Garland Tucker discusses principles guiding 'Conservative Heroes'
- John Locke Foundation commemorates Magna Carta's 800th anniversary
- SPN's Todd Davidson highlights Pam Harris' union fight
- Concord Coalition's Sara Imhof addresses federal debt myths
- Peggy Smith notes importance of moving ineffective teachers out of the clasroom
- PrecisionHawk's Tyler Collins discusses growing domestic use of drones
- Energy expert Daniel Fine says oil price war impacts N.C. offshore drilling
- National Review's Charles Cooke touts value of federalism
- Pollster Kellyanne Conway explains importance of job holders in 2016 election
- Mercatus Center experts pan N.C. certificate-of-need restrictions
- ECU history professor Tony Papalas discusses Greece's economic, monetary woes
- Manhattan Institute's James Copland discusses overcriminalizing N.C.
- Pope Center's Jenna Robinson discusses higher ed's assault on American values
- U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz discusses plans for replacing Obamacare during JLF speech
- Pope Center's Jay Schalin discusses benefits of independent academic centers
- George Mason U.'s Peter Boettke pans 'emergency room' economics
- Scott Moody of State Budget Solutions estimates costs of N.C. Medicaid expansion
- UNC-CH business lecturer Mark McNeilly discusses MBA@UNC
- Former U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Tony Tata shares concerns about Middle East
- Distillery proprietor Scott Maitland discusses effort to reform N.C. law
- Phil Kirk offers his assessment of N.C. Gov. Pat McCrory
- Legal scholar Richard Epstein calls for fixed rules and formal boundaries
- John Locke Foundation celebrates 25th anniversary in 2015
- Economist Adam Smith describes problems linked to federal consumer financial protection
- JLF marks 25th anniversary with sold-out dinner celebration
- JLF's John Hood unveils First in Freedom Index, N.C. ranks No. 23
- Dr. David Stein discusses improvements to N.C. health care
- Author Tommy Harrelson discusses 'Southport's Art Newton'
- Former N.C. House Speaker Joe Mavretic assesses Highway Trust Fund legacy
- JLF's Becki Gray describes a freedom test for N.C. public policy