N.C. State's John Hubisz explains why nuclear power is today's preferable energy source
Dr. John Hubisz, visiting professor of physics at N.C. State University, explains why nuclear power stands out as the preferred energy source today in America. Hubisz offered these comments during a Jan. 21, 2013, speech for the John Locke Foundation's Shaftesbury Society. To watch full-length presentations of JLF events, click here.
Locke Box Info
Highlights from John Locke Foundation events.
Locke Box Archive
- Pope Center's Jay Schalin details UNC's declining English standards
- UNC's Rebecca Tippett discusses millennials' decision to delay major life events
- Haley Barbour explains key reason for writing 'America's Great Storm'
- N.C. DEQ's van der Vaart discusses Clean Power Plan's costs
- Constitution Day commemorated in latest 'Locker Room Talk'
- Loyola economist Walters says focus on capital can boost urban cores
- N.C. Digital Learning Plan's viability based on available hardware, software
- Catalyst: Jim Martin and the Rise of North Carolina Republicans
- 'Locker Room Talk' targets N.C. budget, taxpayer protection
- BEST NC's Brenda Berg discusses results of the group's Vision Initiative
- Guy Benson & Mary Katharine Ham share themes from 'End of Discussion'
- Wingate economist Peter Frank shares lesson from 'Free Enterprise Now' curriculum
- Western Carolina's Edward Lopez places Milton Friedman's 'crisis' comment in context
- NCSU's Andrew Taylor says polling contradicted media's Wake school narrative
- Florida Southern economist Derek Yonai highlights benefits of freedom
- Challenging misconceptions about evangelicals and authority
- ALEC's Jonathan Williams discusses N.C. and good tax principles
- Author Garland Tucker discusses principles guiding 'Conservative Heroes'
- John Locke Foundation commemorates Magna Carta's 800th anniversary
- SPN's Todd Davidson highlights Pam Harris' union fight
- Concord Coalition's Sara Imhof addresses federal debt myths
- Peggy Smith notes importance of moving ineffective teachers out of the clasroom
- PrecisionHawk's Tyler Collins discusses growing domestic use of drones
- Energy expert Daniel Fine says oil price war impacts N.C. offshore drilling
- National Review's Charles Cooke touts value of federalism
- Pollster Kellyanne Conway explains importance of job holders in 2016 election
- Mercatus Center experts pan N.C. certificate-of-need restrictions
- ECU history professor Tony Papalas discusses Greece's economic, monetary woes
- Manhattan Institute's James Copland discusses overcriminalizing N.C.
- Pope Center's Jenna Robinson discusses higher ed's assault on American values