'Coming Apart' author Charles Murray discusses a key problem associated with the new upper class
Charles Murray, W.H. Brady Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, discusses a key point from his book Coming Apart. He believes the growth of a new upper class has negative consequences for American society. Murray offered these comments during an Oct. 24, 2012, Headliner speech for the John Locke Foundation. To watch full-length presentations of JLF events, click here.
Tags: Freedom, Family,
Locke Box Info
Highlights from John Locke Foundation events.
Locke Box Archive
- ECU history professor Tony Papalas discusses Greece's economic, monetary woes
- Manhattan Institute's James Copland discusses overcriminalizing N.C.
- Pope Center's Jenna Robinson discusses higher ed's assault on American values
- U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz discusses plans for replacing Obamacare during JLF speech
- Pope Center's Jay Schalin discusses benefits of independent academic centers
- George Mason U.'s Peter Boettke pans 'emergency room' economics
- Scott Moody of State Budget Solutions estimates costs of N.C. Medicaid expansion
- UNC-CH business lecturer Mark McNeilly discusses MBA@UNC
- Former U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Tony Tata shares concerns about Middle East
- Distillery proprietor Scott Maitland discusses effort to reform N.C. law
- Phil Kirk offers his assessment of N.C. Gov. Pat McCrory
- Legal scholar Richard Epstein calls for fixed rules and formal boundaries
- John Locke Foundation celebrates 25th anniversary in 2015
- Economist Adam Smith describes problems linked to federal consumer financial protection
- JLF marks 25th anniversary with sold-out dinner celebration
- JLF's John Hood unveils First in Freedom Index, N.C. ranks No. 23
- Dr. David Stein discusses improvements to N.C. health care
- Author Tommy Harrelson discusses 'Southport's Art Newton'
- Former N.C. House Speaker Joe Mavretic assesses Highway Trust Fund legacy
- JLF's Becki Gray describes a freedom test for N.C. public policy
- JLF's Michael Lowrey discusses German U-boats off the N.C. coast in 1918
- Compact For America's Nick Dranias outlines path to balanced budget amendment
- N.C. golf advocates discuss the game's impact
- Ashbrook Center's Roger Beckett touts American historical documents
- Attorney Matthew Bryant explains N.C. DOT misuse of the Map Act
- Rep. Rick Glazier discusses civility and compromise in N.C. politics
- Weekly Standard's Bill Kristol assesses quality of GOP's 2014 candidates
- JLF's Roy Cordato discusses the shortsightedness effect and public choice
- N.C. Hospital Association's Cody Hand discusses CON reform
- Dr. Philip Miller discusses lobotomy surgeries in N.C.