JLF's Daren Bakst explains the U.S. Supreme Court's rejection of 'matching funds'
Daren Bakst, John Locke Foundation director of legal and regulatory studies, explains the potential impact for North Carolina of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling in an Arizona case involving "matching funds" for taxpayer-financed election campaigns. Bakst offered these comments during an interview with Donna Martinez for Carolina Journal Radio (Program No. 426).
Tags: Constitution, Federal Government, Elections, Politics, Courts,
Real Time Info
Interviews with John Locke Foundation policy analysts and Carolina Journal reporters and editors on topical issues.
Real Time Archive
- Author William Eggars discusses 'The Solution Revolution'
- JLF's Sarah Curry discusses N.C. government's unfunded liabilities
- Tim Boyum of 'Capital Tonight' discusses top N.C. political issues in 2014
- JLF's Katherine Restrepo analyzes Obamacare enrollment numbers
- JLF's John Hood says academic research backs fiscal conservatives' approach to growth
- JLF's Jon Sanders pans N.C. film incentives
- Carolina Journal's Rick Henderson discusses the case against Patrick Cannon
- Former RNC, Bush-Cheney attorney discusses judicial races and more
- Princeton's Robert George discusses the importance of civic virtue
- Pope Center's George Leef discusses equity contracts for college students
- JLF's Terry Stoops discusses Charlotte-Mecklenburg's Project L.I.F.T.
- Carolina Journal's Rick Henderson discusses N.C. election reforms' impact on turnout
- JLF's Terry Stoops discusses N.C.'s implementation of Read to Achieve
- JLF's Tyler Younts discusses the N.C. Map Act
- N.C. FreeEnterprise Foundation's Joe Stewart discusses 2014 N.C. elections
- JLF's Tyler Younts discusses N.C. judicial elections
- JLF's Katherine Restrepo analyzes Sen. Burr's alternative to Obamacare
- CEI's Fred Smith discusses the importance of economic dynamism
- Carolina Journal's Jon Ham discusses the media 'narrative'
- Carolina Journal's Rick Henderson discusses Sen. Kay Hagan's re-election bid
- JLF's Jon Sanders discusses problems linked to CWIP
- JLF's Terry Stoops explains why N.C. needs new commissions to study Common Core
- JLF's Tyler Younts recommends repeal or revision of the N.C. Map Act
- Shale exploration worker Mark Cares discusses N.C. state rules for shale energy
- JLF's Sarah Curry explains how regulations boost costs for wood-burning stoves
- JLF's Terry Stoops discusses N.C. Gov. Pat McCrory's teacher pay proposals
- Carolina Journal's Rick Henderson discusses Clay Aiken's run for Congress in North Carolina
- JLF's Terry Stoops discusses N.C. teacher tenure law changes
- Author Virginia Postrel discusses glamour's impact on public policy
- JLF's Terry Stoops recommends new N.C. commissions to study Common Core